Monday, July 27, 2009

Successful TdF

It has been a busy TdF for me but I am a little sad that it is over. I am very pleased with how much spinning I have done. I planned on at least 30 min. a day of spinning and only one day was only 30 min. I wish I kept track of my time but most days I did 2 hours, weekends more. I have 3,035 yards of finished yarn from 2 pounds 10.25 oz of fiber. I spun 8 different fibers and quite a few were first time fibers: Wensleydale, Silk (in a blend with Merino), Tencel (in a blend with Merino), Polwarth, Shetland, and Mohair (in a blend with Merino). Also have done my first singles - actually I did 3 fibers as singles - the Wensleydale, Merino/Silk, and Shetland. I also did Andean Plying for the first time which worked out much better than I thought it would. It is great not to have bits of singles left. I even used Andean plying when I did my 3 ply. When my first single ran out I wrapped the longest single left and Andean plied that with the remaining single!

No comments:

Post a Comment