Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Spinning for Socks!

Here is one socks worth of Southern Cross Fiber April Club, mixed Jacob "Tendrils" colorway. It is a 3 ply and the colors are pretty accurate.
Tendrils 1
I actually finished the second sock's worth tonight - they are both soaking - but I think the second is a little lighter weight. I am thinking the foot out of the finer yarn and the cuffs out of the heavier. Still need to decide what to use for the toes and heels. Here is another in process picture, colors not so accurate:
Tendrils socks in process Single on bobbin, fiber ready to spin for a single, and one sock's worth plied but not washed.
Still knitting on the October Socks, first toe up - slow, slow slow.
Then there is weaving! Warped up and started my sister's birthday scarf. Warp is commercial Bamboo, the weft is handspun from Southern Cross Fiber Paua, Faukland wool spun single.
Leslie's Paua Scarf
And I got my June Spunky Eclectic Weaving Club which will go on the loom next:
SE June  2011

2 comments:

  1. I also have alot of trouble with color as it represents on the computer... sometimes it is also a problem on my camera .. even before I upload to the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first photo of sock yarn looks so yummy, I would like to put my foot in it.
    Love your weaving projects, too!

    ReplyDelete