Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Craft Weekend



I had a lovely time last weekend at my cousin Susan's house. We do a craft weekend every month or 2. Well, actually is is Quilt Weekend but I haven't quilted since I started knitting. My sister in law Barbara comes, sometimes my sister Leslie and we have had others join us at different times too. Last weekend it was just the 3 of us - the top picture is a detail from one of the quilts Barbara is currently working on - she is very focused! I love this one with the sheep in the center block. The whole wall hanging, minus one block is laid out below. I think this is going to be my favorite. I love the colors. the pattens and the layout.

It is so much fun for me - I contribute design advice and the next time we get together - I see my suggestions completed! I get to do the fun part - design! Here is Barbara on the left and Susan on the right. Barbara is wearing a crazy quilt shawl she designed and put together. There are so many lovely little embroidery details I had to take a close up.

We had a great time, I got some more knitting done on my Featherweight sweater. Don't think I will get it done before Beach week but should be able to manage finishing AT the beach. One sleeve left to go plus the band that goes up one side of the front, around the neck and down the other side. That will take some time I think.































2 comments:

  1. Beautiful beautiful quilting. I need to stay far away from that hobbie as I am sure I could get sucked into it big time. I have recently discovered Weave Its - Weaving on a small scale but wonderful projects can be made. My friend makes blankets made out of these small squares and everyone who has seen them says they are very similar in look to quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a loom at MDS&W the year before last didn't you? Sounds like a great way to try it out. I will be picking up a 4 harness floor loom next week at the beach!

    ReplyDelete