Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Baby Hats

Acorn hat I am so behind on taking pictures of my finished work never mind the fiber and yarn that is coming in every month I thought I would just jump in with 2 current projects. Baby hats are so satisfying to knit - they are quick even for a slow knitter like me. The project pictured at the start of my post is the hat from a free pattern by Rebecca Bright "Acorn Swaddle Sac and Cap". It luckily knit up fast in the worsted and bulky wt yarns I purchased at Gosh Yarn It! . I had started out making a "Leafy Newborn Beanie" for our niece Lauren's Baby shower. It is an adorable free pattern from Justyna Lorkowska. Well, something was off for me. I had some lovely green Classic Elite Yarns Liberty Wool purchased at Gosh Yarn It! Leaf Hat There were issues with laddering so I changed from my favorite double points to a cable needle which took care of the ladders (maybe it was because the hat was mostly pearl?) but ended up too big so was given to the 18 month old daughter of a co-worker. I will give this hat a go again, it is a sweet pattern. So happy the Acorn Cap came through for me!

2 comments:

  1. The acorn cap is adorable!

    I wonder if the second hat could be knit. I think that the leaf would still show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the acorn cap as well. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete