Monday, February 13, 2012

Hannah's Hat

Hannah in her hat2
Felted hat done! This hat will accompany my niece on her way to Korea. She is at the airport now, flies out in the wee hours on Valentine's Day. This is my first felted hat. Doesn't she look pretty in it! Hannah in her hat1 I have done a few French Press Slippers before but this is the first hat. I am doing one for myself next but a different pattern I bought from Lisa Cruse. I got the Katya hat pattern and plan on doing a lot of embellishment on mine. Hannah picked out the shape she wanted - couldn't find exactly the pattern to use the fiber I bought so I did a swatch, measured the shrinkage, measured Hannah's head and worked a pattern using that information.
Here are some pictures for scale, the knitted hat is Charlie's Blaze Hat. Before felting:
Hannah's hat pre felt
After Felting:
Hannah's Felted Hat size comparison
I love the effect of felting!

2 comments:

  1. What a great picture of the hat and Hannah. I don't think I have ever seen a picture of her up close. What a beautiful woman. Beautiful eyes, perfect skin and I love the hair!!

    Great job on the hat.

    I wish her safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hat is beautiful and looks great on your niece! Perfect color choice with her pretty blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete