Saturday, August 27, 2011

More Weaving

Another Scarf done! This one was the July 2011 Spunky Eclectic Weaving Club project. Lovely soft Merino Wool (picture soon I hope). Next up the August project - something different, washcloths!
Weaving Club August 2011
Still, still, still, knitting the socks. That is the only knitting project I have in the works - until Saturday when I plan to cast on for Carolyn Kern's scarf pattern "Love and Prayers". I love the pattern and have enjoyed following the story on her blog, Carolyn Knits. The pattern was the winner in a contest on Knitcircus, an on line knitting magazine. More links are available on ravelry . Missing my mom so, I get teary eyed every time I read the dedication to her mother. Today Gosh Yarn It is hosting a reception in her honor and kicking off a KAL. Doesn't that sound like fun!
On the spinning front, still working on my 3 ply sock yarn.
Tendrils 1

2 comments:

  1. I loved your July scarf which I got to see in person!
    It was fun to start our scarves together at the KAL. I will try to come every Thursday and Saturday. Hope to see you soon!
    (I did not mean to make you teary eyed, but think how lucky we are to have actually had those moms that we so miss.)

    ReplyDelete